Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cranbrook---best riding in the WORLD!! Shawn says so!





Heading to Roller Coaster----My fave!
Alkali Lake
Looking at Cranbrook from the second lookout
Mayook Lookout---heading up to Big Tree

Sunday was a good day!!
Headed to Marysville in the morning for a quick 5km trail run/race, it was a gorgeous morning, and a torturous 5km out and back run along the Mark Creek. It was a slight incline for the 2.5km out and I guess it must have been a gradual decline on the way back!
I was excited about this race, as I have been running more this year than the last 5 years combined! I have put in many treadmill miles this winter! I have been loving the treadmill runs though, with the coaching, the runs are very structured and I feel fast and the time flies by! I don't even need to have the ipod...I need to focus too much!
I have not done any running to test my training though, and I was really hoping to be fast, like super fast! Even though I wasn't quite as fast as I would have liked to have been, it was an improvement for sure, and with having a very big training week leading up and tired legs...maybe it will be OK!
5km races are hard for me....like a looooong sprint! aggh!

Headed back into town to meet the kids at a bday pool party, so fun! My kids are water babies, can't get them out of the water!

NEXT!! Headed out on a mtb ride with Shawn, Sherri and Gary....aaah, it was SO nice out!
We headed up to the second lookout and down a new trail called DNA, (I think) a pretty fun little trail, with some loose tight corners, that connected on to one of the good little technical trails.
I had a long ride scheduled for the day, a little too long for everyone else, so after an hour and a half, I was on my own, I climbed back up to the first lookout, I love this climb, it is a lung-busting, steep climb, which over the years has been getting looser, more rutted and more challenging!
I criss-crossed all over the Community Forest, climbing every hill I could find!
Everyone laughs at Shawn, when he says that the Community Forest has the best riding in the WORLD....but I might tend to agree with him, other locations that we travel to our fun and awesome, but it's new, so it is always fun to do something new.
Then you come back to your own back round and whip around all these amazing trails, like Upper Coaster, Roller Coaster, DNA, Suck it up Princess, Your Cheating Heart...and so many more!! Some of these trails, especially Roller Coaster are just pure classic and FUN, just before you hit the College, you get to speed (feels speedy anyways) and twist through some single-track to end your ride! So exhilarating!
I am very thankful for all the folks that get out there and create new trails and take care of the ones that are there!!! Thank you!!

2 comments:

  1. I miss the lung buster.
    That followed by the rollercoaster is the ultimate ride.
    To quote the classic Glam metal band Cinderella, "You dont know what you got til its gone..."
    BJN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post - your enthusiasm is contagious!

    ReplyDelete