Thursday, May 12, 2011

And goodbye awning....











After our visit to the Coolest Dino museum ever, Shawn and I headed back to the Kokopelli trails to do the Horsethief trail. Here are a few pics from that ride.

After dropping you very abruptly into the valley, the trail swoops and winds around on some awesome fast singletrack, before throwing in some rocky ledges to ride/walk up and some fast rocky bits! When we finished loop, we wanted more and figured the best bet to get more quickly was to do the same trail the opposite way! It was even more fun this way, with more challenging rocky ledges and drops to ride down (they are easier to ride down, then to ride up)


I unfortunately have a little bit of badhead....I haven't been feeling very good on my bike yet, I don't feel very fast, legs feel so heavy and tired and I am getting a bit down about it...I am hoping I will start feeling better....


On a better note, the following day, we hit the new recplex in Fruita, a very nice facility. While the kids and Shawn swam, I did my swim workout. After a 400m warm-up, I started my 200m sets, after I did my first 200m, I looked at my watch and it was by far the fastest 200m I have ever swam, the next one was about the same!! I asked the swimmer in the lane next to me if it was 25m, he said "yeap" he said. "Are you sure?" I asked? He gave me a funny look....I finished up my workout and had even more fun playing withe kids in the fun pool.....until the pool was evacuated because of lightning.....really??


I was excited to head out to Moab the following day, I was hoping it would raise my spirits a little, Moab has a way of doing that, I usually feel really good riding there, and with the blue skies and amazing bright colors surrounding you, it is hard not to feel good :o)


It seems that since so far on this trip, everything was going well, no flat tires, no shaking wobbling trailers...something was bound to happen.....and it turns out that if you don't roll up the awning on your trailer, it actually will just tear right off your trailer once you hit highway speed....all the bits and peices and everything.....who knew?


We are in Moab :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment