Sunday, April 24, 2011

Oliver riding.




Well, I still don't have any exciting races to report, but we did have a great trip to Oliver and then Kelowna this past weekend!
We headed to Oliver on Saturday to celebrate Shawn's Granny and Grandpa's 70th Wedding Anniversary, can you imagine being married for 70 years?!
I love going to their place, an acreage just outside of Oliver, that they lived on since they were married, it is a beautiful, relaxing place.
We had an fabulous dinner with family on Saturday night, I love family gatherings!

I had to sneak out of the Anniversary party on Sunday as I had a 2 hour ride and then an hour run scheduled.
I LOVE having my training scheduled, it means on trips like these (which there is going to be many this year) I do what I have to do to get my workouts in!! I know what I have to do, and I do it!
I was hoping, actually expecting that there would be some nice warm weather in the Okanagan, it is the Okanagan, but we just can't escape this chilly wind and snow!!
I did an out and back from Oliver to Osoyoos and then a little ways up the Richter pass, with wind, rain and yeap....snow!!

This first picture is looking up the pass with Oliver in the distance.
The second picture is looking over into Osoyoos
The third picture is my adorable daughter being a tough racer!!

This was the longest ride I have done outside so far this year!! I thought my long inside rides and my intervals were tough, but this felt hard! Legs felt tired right from the start, I thought I had a headwind on the way out.....but there was a massive headwind on the way back!!! So not sure why I felt so awful on the way out!! UGH!! But nice to be outside.
Shawn joined me for my hour run after the ride, which was great!! My legs felt light and fresh, and we were running along this gorgeous trail along a river!
More about Kelowna to come........time to go grocery shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment