Friday, April 15, 2011

Calgary




It has been a long stretch between now and Christmas without any get-aways, so last weekend we decided to take the kids to Calgary. Just for a quick trip, leaving Saturday morning coming back Sunday night. It was a FULL trip, with our Honda Pilot loaded with 8 people, full capacity, three of those were little people in car seats!! Every time we had to stop for a pee break.... and with 8 people, it happened often, 4 people had to pile out to get the culprit out. Pee breaks with 2 kids in the very back seat are not an quick task!

But we made it there, made a quick stop at Tri-it (first time in this great shop) ended up getting a new one peice tri race suit....really hate spending money, but I have never purchased a race suit, I have been racing in the old Synergy one that was given to me 4 years ago (and I hate everything about this suit!!) But with Jackson ripping around taking everything off the shelves and Avery and Zoe waiting in the car, I didn't get to do A good look through the sho.! Next we hit our hotel downtown, let the older girls loose (we have a 17 year old German student living with us for the year, and her friend was with us) to explore.

We went to Gord's running shop next, where I purchased, not one, but two pairs of runners! Newton's Terra Momentus ----good for both on and off road.

Saucony Peregrine...... a little more of an aggressive off road runner.

The service at this store was amazing!! I love good service, and I really didn't know what I wanted to buy, so I required a fair bit of time!! I got some free laces and a free pair of recovery crocs too! Again with the shoes, I have been racing for the last 2.5 years on the same Newton racers....and so I am just catching up with some shopping! I hope these shoes are fast!! :o) The next morning I had a beautiful run, I am a little negative about big cities sometimes, but I ran dowtown, across the river up around McHugh hill (or something like that) back across and down along the river. I wish I had my camera with me, it was that pretty!!! Big icebergs on the river, but gorgeous early morning sun shining down!! I was still quite sick, so it was an easy run, but with going easy, still feeling super lousy!

We hit that Zoo for the rest of the day, and then a very tired bunch of folks headed home!! I didn't have an ounce of energy to tackle the Ikea or Cosco for a few needed items. Calgary exhausts me!! (especially with being sick!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment