Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter!!

What a fantastically long weekend!
We were only home from Kelowna for one day, before leaving right away for Slocan, for an Easter visit with Shawn's parents, his sister and her family.

We arrived early Friday, and had a nice walk along the river, a play in the park.....before spending the rest of the day stuffing my face with those cursed Mini eggs!!! Grrr...I thought I would be strong, but they were stronger than me!
We had a turkey dinner.....more mini eggs.....and then I think I fell asleep on the couch at 8pm.
It was beautiful on Saturday, the kids hunted eggs and played by the river.......then I got to ride!
I left a few hours earlier then the rest of the family and started a ride home!
I had a 3 hour ride planned.
I rode from Slocan-Castlegar and up and over the Bombi pass!! Yeah! I love passes. This was a 20km climb, but really not so bad of a grade. Legs sure felt tired though, right from the moment I left the house!
It was a chilly ride down, and scary. I really don't like road riding down the passes.....the roads were a little too gravelly, lots of traffic.....and I am not a huge fan of going that fast on my road bike!
I passed by Salmo and started heading up the Salmo-Creston pass....and although I would love to do this pass sometime this year, this wasn't the day!
My riding time was just over 3 hours at this point, and I was very much out of fuel, had been for a while! Thank goodness the family pulled up and that was the end!!
This was longest ride outside, but I have been doing many indoor rides that are this long or longer.....so I was thinking that I would be feeling stronger than this outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment