Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Maui!

Maui is quite the place!!
I love the constant sound of the waves crashing against the rocks and shore down below. It is so loud, you would think it would keep you up at night, but it is actually calming to fall asleep with.

I will try to get out for my first pre-ride of the bike course today....after we go snorkelling at Molokini and Turtle Town :o) Avery is a snorkelling champ!! I love watching her floating and swimming and pointing at things under water!!

I hear the bike course, although non-technical will be a sufferfest....with relentless climbs, that as soon as you climb up them, just shoot you back down to start all over again, and with the wind and heat....I am still not sure how I will manage my hydration for this race!

I am just enjoying having this time with my family and watching the kids delight in the new experiences, that it hasnt really sunk in yet that I am racing a World Championships in 4 days, although sitting here listening to the waves crash, I am getting more and more nervous about the swim....
I did a short swim in a bay that we were snorkelling in the other day and it was OK.....although I felt like I wasnt even moving out there!!
Pretty soon it will be time to focus on why I am actually here :o) I think for now it is best not to worry about it, as I will realize that this is a entirely different kind of racing...but usually I can do whatever I set my mind to...and I am very good at suffering!!

1 comment:

  1. You CAN do anything you set your mind to. You, more than anyone I've ever met. And climbs are your thing, dude - milk it for all you can!

    xxB

    ReplyDelete