Saturday, March 19, 2011

Warning!




I enjoy following several blogs of mountain bike racers. Most of them have been riding and training in super fun, warm places......they post many pictures of long road rides, sunny mountain bike rides....and I have not been doing this!


This is my training dungeon!


It is not actually as bad as it sounds, with a coach now, I am quite enjoying my structured trainer sessions and I am loving my structured treadmill runs! Makes me feel that my training is purposeful and I never miss a workout that my Coach has organized for me!


The most challenging part of my training is the daily early early morning training.....I must be honest I am getting tired (literally) of getting up in the dark and cold every morning to get my workouts done before the kids get up, because even with using all the early mornings to train, I still end up with some evening and daytime training sessions.....and I am really trying to disrupt the family as little as possible with my training.....the whole motherly guilt thing kicks in.


This also means I don't get out to enjoy our beautiful Kootenay winter, no snowshoeing or skiing, no long winter adventures....but there will be time for that when the kids are older!


Anyways......hopefully soon I will be outside a bit more and will be exploring some awesome places!




No comments:

Post a Comment