Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nelson---Way too much fun!!

The riding in Nelson is just way too much fun!! Challenges me, and ups my confidence about my riding---which I kinda need after bombing my last race! The climbs up are good grunts---but feel good---and the downs are tougher than the riding I normally do, and improve my technical riding skills and make me feel like I am as good a rider (or better) than I was in the midst of my racing career!!


Log Jam-----the first ride I ever did in Nelson----so many years ago! Years later, it is still amazing, a sweet bit a singletrack, with great flow and just enough roots and rocks to keep things interesting!! SO MUCH FUN!
We hooked up onto a new trail after Log Jam called Toe Jam-----this one wasn't quite as flowy, and a bit more chewed up, but still super fun!!



EliSim----this trail is up in Mountain Station, and is absolutely my new favorite ride!! It is a fast flowy ride that seems to go on forever!!! It does have some man-made bridges, but they are all super duper friendly!! The roots and rocks on this trail are just little guys :0) friendlier than Log Jam---but super fun still!!This one gets you whoo hoooing!!





A friendly bridge on EliSim.






Another bridge on EliSim--even has a railing and is nice and wide---but still makes you feel like you are doing something exciting and brave!









Avery walking the SkyTrek ----she has been talking about doing this since last year----She

was awesome----but is was pretty scary up there!!

Heading out for another ride in Nelson and then over to Rossland----hopefully hook up with a local Rossland rider for some fun trails!!










No comments:

Post a Comment