Saturday, June 25, 2011

Things to get excited about!

I made a unicorn pinata!!
Early morning swim at Jim Smith
Avery's new dolphin floaty
Jackson on his new Sharky floaty!

With Wasa over, I still find myself with many things to look forward to!
I Enjoyed a great local bike race last Sunday, hosted by Favorit bike shop. It was held up in Eager Hills, it is a super fun 8km loop with a good climb and some fast, fun singletrack.
There was an amazing turn-out with close to 40 riders! We did 3 laps of this course, and let me tell you, it doesn't matter if it is a local weekend race or a Nationals XTERRA, it is still just as hard! There are some fast riders around here, and trying to keep up to them is good training! I was hoping to keep up to a few more....but just couldn't do it! I felt like I was riding strong, and had a great race! I also learned my lesson for not carrying an extra tube on this day :o(

Being lucky enough to have kids and still train and race, my life is full of things to get excited about! I certainly get very excited about the races I do, but with everything being so busy, I look forward to my scheduled workouts (even if it is on my treadmill or trainer!) I look forward to our beautiful early morning swims at Jim Smith, and I definitely get excited about getting out for a mountain bike ride!
This is where life gets really good though! I love Monday gymnastics day, I get excited about taking my kids to gymnastics! I get excited about Sam Steele Days, about a day at the park, Fort Steele or just a day exploring downtown. The Library!! I love it when I know we are going to spend a few hours at the library, and I look forward to the days that I know we are just going to chill at home, or visit with friends! :o)
I find I have something to look forward to every day!! Life is good :o)
With that being said, I am really excited about the kids birthday party today! I am super proud of the unicorn pinata I made!
Tomorrow is the first annual Round the Mountain race in Kimberley!! This is going to be so much fun! This event consists of a 20km trail run in the morning, followed by a 20km mountain race (same trail) Racers can choose the run, bike or both!
Shawn and I had a chance to pre-ride the course this past week, and it is so much fun! The run will be tough, the ride will be amazing!
I am very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment