Saturday, August 13, 2011

Canmore XTERRA....ready.

Transition #1 - Quarry Lake

Just a picture of my babies that I miss so much already!! I am sure they are having a way more fantastic time at home with Daddy, then following us around here in Canmore!! I guess easier for us as well....but life is not complete without these guys....



Looking back towards the Lake, a bit of a run to Transition!

Canmore!! It was a beautiful day here today!! A gorgeous sunny day!

Rob Veg and I are without families this weekend, we headed up to the Nordic Center for a pre-ride of the bike course, which is the same as last year, but unlike last year, it is nice and dry.....yipppeee!!


The course is super fun, starting with a longish climb before dropping into a technical little descent...after that there are some nice hard pack climbs, rooty climbs and some longer rooty descents. I chose to ride my Orbea Hardtail for the race, and although it is a little rattly on these roots, I still think was the best choice for me, for this course. I have been feeling pretty fast on this bike! I just have to make sure to really watch my lines in those sections!


Had a fantastic swim in Quarry Lake, where the swim will take place, the water is perfect! I just need to remember to not swim like a fool!! I tend to forget my form when I race!!


I had my ankle taped again on Friday, I have been having some rolling issues during trail runs, that make it quite difficult to run confidently and with speed, hopefully the taping helps, and my ankle holds up!!

Everything is done, bike and gear are ready, and it was quite a relaxing day.....everything went smoothly, and quickly....and we are left with a couple of hours to chill.......this is why the rest of the family decided to stay home, but I am longing for some noisy children (who would love running around this hostel) and longing for my millions of hugs and kisses...and it has only been one day!!! Crazy!


I just need to remember Avery's race tip....and I quote

"Mommy, just swim, bike and run as fast as I do....then you will win"

I will steal some of her confidence!


Rob---setting up Camp---hope we don't have any noisy roomies tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment